We offer sympathy to the family of Hulda Voth. Hulda died April 20 at Covenant Care, Wichita. You may send condolences to her son Alan Voth, 2610 E. 101 North, Valley Center, KS 67147. Services are planned for a later date.
Scam Notice: If you receive an email from Pastor Dawn requesting a Google Playcard, this is a scam! Pastor Dawn is not requesting Google Playcards. Delete the email and let the church office know.
This is a message from Vern Preheim, who does volunteer work at Book ReViews. The store is closed for now but Book ReViews sells on line at ABE books. Vern goes in every day to process orders and is there from 9 am to 11 am. People have called asking if they could bring books to donate. If you wish to donate books, come to the back door using the alley. Book ReViews can accept book donations at the back door Tuesday through Thursday, 9 – 11 am. We need books!
VEHICLES FOR SALE DONATED TO KANSAS MCC SALE
The Kansas MCC Sale Board has decided to offer for sale many of the vehicles donated to be sold at this year’s Kansas MCC Sale. The cars are priced close to NADA Book Prices which are average prices these cars are currently selling for. Pictures and Descriptions can be found on the MCC Sale website. Go to: www.kansas.mccsale.org Once you are there put your mouse above “Auctions” at top of page and Click on “General”. Once you are there you will be able to click on each vehicle for MORE PICTURES and FULL DESCRIPTION.
For additional information and to test drive any vehicles call Jerry Toews 620-367-8257. Prices listed are SUGGESTED DONATION or BEST OFFER. We have some GREAT cars and tractors this year.
· 1990 Buick LeSabre, 134K, Exceptionally Clean, Mechanical sound, Great work/school car, $1500
· 2012 Mazda 3 Touring, 4 door, Hatchback, Automatic, 190K one owner, Above average Clean, $5700
· 1976 Corvette Stingray, 118K; $6000
· 2007 Jeep Liberty 4 x 4, Six Speed, EXCEPTIONALLY CLEAN, above average smaller SUV, 123K, $5700
· 2007 Toyota Rav 4, 4 wheel Drive. Exception Mechanical Condition, Nice, 197K, $6000
· 1998 Land Rover SUV 4 Wheel Drive, 110K, Very Nice, $4900
· 2001 Honda Acura 4 Wheel Drive SUV, Heated Leather, 234K; $3300
· 1980 Ford 4 Door 115K, 6 cyl, auto, No Rust, Good work/school car, $1000
· 1951 International Dump Truck, 72K, Runs GREAT, $2500, Good usable Truck or Collector.
· 1949 8N Ford Tractor, Exceptional Restoration with ALL New Parts A-Z, Professional Paint, $5000
· 1950 International C Tractor with Mounted Plow, Exceptional Lowell Heinrichs Restoration $4000
· 1941 International A Tractor, Exceptional Lowell Heinrichs Restoration, $3500
· 1942 John Deere H Tractor, Beautiful Paint, NEW Tires and Tubes, Needs New Pistons, $3000
· 1939 Allis Model U, Exceptional Lowell Heinrichs Restoration, $2200
· 1948 International C Tractor, Great Original Tractor, $1500
· Kawasaki 4 Wheeler, Excellent Older 4 Wheeler, Above Average, Clean, Super Nice, $2000
If you were planning on ordering a meal from Keith’s Meals Goessel for this Sunday, April 26, here is a note from Barb BJ Reeves KMRS Secretary: “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! The number of reservations are now between 600 and 700! Therefore, NO more Reservations for the MCC Feeding the Multitude at Keith’s Meals Goessel for this Sunday will be accepted. Keith has maxed out his cooking capacity. We will be using all the ovens at his store as well as all the ovens at Tabor Church Kitchen. Thank you for supporting MCC Sale in the adventure!”
Western District Conference invites contributions to the new WDC Hope Fund, which has been established to receive contributions and offer grants to WDC congregations most impacted by the coronavirus. In some congregations, bi-vocational pastors and church members have lost jobs due to the pandemic, and are facing difficulty meeting daily expenses. Gifts to the WDC Hope Fund will allow WDC to provide grants to congregations to distribute where most needed – whether to meet church expenses, continue pastoral support, or help with rent and groceries for church members. Make contributions to WDC designated “Hope Fund.” You can give online at https://mennowdc.org (Click on “Donate to WDC”) or send a check to WDC at PO Box 306, North Newton, KS 67117. For more information and grant application forms for congregations, see https://mennowdc.org/wdc-hope-fund-response-to-the-coronavirus-pandemic/
The following are Camp Mennoscah’s 2020 Summer Staff, ready to share community and God’s love with you, whatever the summer looks like! The summer staffers are Beth Balzer, Sarah Booth, Karina Brandt, Ethan Entz, Kyle Flickinger, Anna Lubbers, Seth Rudeen. We are not giving summer staffers position titles at this time.
Camp Mennoscah facilities and camp grounds will be closed at least until May 22. Keep in touch on the Camp Mennoscah Facebook page and YouTube channel! You can also reach us at 620-297-3290 or email@example.com. We will continue to update information on our website and social media sites, as well as through email. Stay healthy!
Prayer request from Western District Conference: Pray for WDC pastors and congregation members facing financial stress due to the impact of coronavirus.
Prayer request from Mennonite Mission Network: MMN praises God for a Virginia Mennonite Missions team that helped build a community center in Peru. Pray for Elena and Freddy Buckwalter de Satalaya, jointly sponsored by the two agencies, and for the leadership team in Peru as they use the center for kids’ activities and worship services.