Guidelines for Small Group Meetings
At Bethel College Mennonite Church
during the COVID-19 Pandemic
BCMC Purpose Statement: Our faith in a God of love leads us, by the power of the Spirit, to follow Jesus in doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God.
In order to keep a responsible balance between care and safety, the Reopening Church Task Group of Bethel College Mennonite Church has developed the following guidelines for small group meetings at Bethel College Mennonite Church while we are in the COVID-19 pandemic. Any questions or clarifications about these guidelines can be directed to Pastor Renee Reimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Currently, BCMC’s two largest spaces to allow for adequate social distancing and air ventilation are the sanctuary and The Gathering Place. After the basement renovation work is completed, the Fellowship Hall will also be available for use.
- Limit of 20 people in attendance in the sanctuary and 10 people in The Gathering Place.
- Masks required for every person while inside the church building.
- 6 feet of social distancing is expected while inside the church.
- Windows in the sanctuary and the Gathering Place will be open. Opening and closing of windows will be done by group using the space.
- Reservations must be made with the church office to ensure availability of space.
- When USD 373 is in their remote learning mode (orange and red zone), we will only allow small group meetings at church to be held outside.
- Coat racks will not be available for use in order to keep group clumping down. Plan to keep coats, hats, gloves, and purses with you while in the building.
- Gatherings will be kept to less than 2 hours.
- Contact person (coordinator, chair, teacher, sponsor, etc.) will keep a list of all those in attendance at each gathering incase contact tracing needs to be done.
- Wash or sanitize hands upon entering building.
Approved October 29, 2020
Reopening Task Group