BCMC Purpose Statement: Our faith in a God of love leads us, by the power of the Spirit, to follow Jesus in doing justice, loving mercy, and walking humbly with God.
In order to keep a responsible balance between care and safety, the Reopening Church Task Group of Bethel College Mennonite Church has developed the following guidelines for guest groups using Bethel College Mennonite Church while we are in the COVID-19 pandemic. Any questions or clarifications about these guidelines can be directed to Pastor Renee Reimer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Limit of 20 people in attendance
- Masks required for every person while inside the church building
- 6 feet of social distancing is expected while inside the church
- The guest group will only be allowed access to the sanctuary and bathrooms on the main floor.
- In order to reduce the amount of viral load in the room, please follow guidelines accordingly:
- If there is singing or brass/woodwind instruments: all windows in sanctuary will be open, fans will be on, music playing will occur in 30 minute increments (30 mins making music followed by 30 minutes of moving out of the room to allow new air to circulate in)
- If there are multiple people talking (defined as more than 10 people – ie: group projects, small groups talking, mingling, etc.): all windows in sanctuary will need to be open and this will need to be done in the last 30 minutes the group uses the space (as you will need 30 minutes to recirculate new air in this space)
- Technical support is not guaranteed as we work with a small group of volunteers.
- The church is open to guest groups Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:00pm. Weekend use can be taken under consideration if a church volunteer can be secured.
Approved September 8, 2020
Reopening Task Group