Sunday school 2016 – 2017 is underway!
Following worship and before meeting in classrooms, children age 2 through emerging youth (6 – 8th grade) meet in Fellowship Hall for a short time of snacks and singing.
BCMC’s children and emerging youth program includes four class groupings:
Early Childhood (Pre-K – K): Room B4 (Teachers: Amy Tyson, Erin Brubacher, Crystal Gaeddert)
Primary (1 – 3rd grade): Room B3 (Teachers: Barb Koontz, Jeanette Leary)
Middler (4 – 5th grade): Room B8 (Teachers: Matt Koontz, Liz Friesen)
Emerging youth (6 – 8th grade): Room 26 (Teachers: Adam Robb, Brad Kohlman, Elaine Prouty, Hank Prouty)
This year BCMC will again use MCUSA’s SHINE curriculum for the children and emerging youth program. This dynamic school curriculum engages Christian communities and families in their life together, as it:
- calls children to experience the transforming power of God’s love and shine God’s light in the world;
- nurtures trust in God and invites children to follow Jesus;
- encourages imaginative, interactive biblical storytelling;
- explores the meaning of the Bible within the gathered community;
- cultivates the inner life of the Spirit through spiritual practices;
- expresses faith through lives of compassionate peacemaking and service.